A couple of years ago I was trying to set up a lunch meeting with someone. When I asked them, they said they really didn't "eat lunch" - for them food was just fuel. I was shocked.

For me, food is an experience. A journey. And a quest. So here are my thoughts. If you eat to live, you may not be interested. If you live to eat, you may find some ideas for places here. I went back to the first of this year, as opposed to diving back multiple years and started there. These are my thoughts on everything except for burgers. They deserve their own page and it is here.


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Barefoot Barbecue, Seaside, FL (September 2011)


So, after my bad dinner / Jo's excellent dinner at the Shrimp Shack, I was still hungry.    As we walked back to the car, we came upon the wonders of AirStream dining at Seaside.  There are six trailers parked along 30A and, for my sudden snack need, I chose Barefoot Barbecue. 

Barefoot is spread among two and a half trailers -  the half being the Smokehouse.  For a little smokehouse, this thing packs some serious smoke.  I knew that I didn't need to eat too much, so I ordered the sliders.  They give a choice of beef, pork or chicken in the order of three sliders.   Sadly,  they only allow for one meat per order.  I chose pork - the best way to gauge the quality of someone's 'cue.
I'll have to say that this was some of the smokiest barbecue that I've ever eaten.  I couldn't wait to take them back to the house, so I ate one, dry, in the car.   The smoke was almost overwhelming.  But when I got back to to the house and had the chance to put the sauce on one (I went with the hot choice, from among five) it made for a really good sandwich.   I'll definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment