A couple of years ago I was trying to set up a lunch meeting with someone. When I asked them, they said they really didn't "eat lunch" - for them food was just fuel. I was shocked.

For me, food is an experience. A journey. And a quest. So here are my thoughts. If you eat to live, you may not be interested. If you live to eat, you may find some ideas for places here. I went back to the first of this year, as opposed to diving back multiple years and started there. These are my thoughts on everything except for burgers. They deserve their own page and it is here.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

4th and Swift, Atlanta, GA (December 2010)

Around our anniversary, we decided to give 4th and Swift a try.  It had been spoken of highly in the local press and made the top 50 in Atlanta list published by Atlanta Magazine in August 2011.   We went early (6:00 pm) on a Saturday night and the place was fairly dead.    By the time we left, however, it was hopping.   The crowd was an interesting amalgam of an older monied crowd mixed with the young and terminally hip.  We were somewhere in between.   

I started with a boneless short rib with harissa, over chard and an unnamed "root vegetable".  We asked several waitpersons and ended up with one of two possibilities: sanchuk (I could have sworn they said sanchuk, but when I Google "sanchuk", all I get are a series of links to peoples' Facebook pages from India) or celery root.  Let's call it celery root.  Either way, of the root I was not fond.  The short rib on the other hand was excellent.  Harissa has become one of my favorite food additions in the last year.  It was well utilized here.


I followed it up with a dish they called "Three Little Pigs" - pork belly, pork loin and house made saugage, with mac-n- cheese.   The pork loin and belly were both prepared extremely well.  The sausage was a little odd, but overall, a very good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment