A couple of years ago I was trying to set up a lunch meeting with someone. When I asked them, they said they really didn't "eat lunch" - for them food was just fuel. I was shocked.

For me, food is an experience. A journey. And a quest. So here are my thoughts. If you eat to live, you may not be interested. If you live to eat, you may find some ideas for places here. I went back to the first of this year, as opposed to diving back multiple years and started there. These are my thoughts on everything except for burgers. They deserve their own page and it is here.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Antico Pizza Napoleatana, Atlanta, GA (several times in 2010 and 2011)

When Colleen was living in Home Park for the 2009-2010 school year, she heard about a new pizza place that had just opened up off Hemphill, Antico Pizza Napoleonata.   The first time we went, there was virtually no seating - one butcher block table that seated 12 - 16 and some seats around the windows.  
 The place was all kitchen.  And it was so good.  These people were Italian.  And they knew how to make a pizza.
The cooks in the kitchen were singing along to Andrea Bocelli singing arias. And they were singing loud!   Over the last two years, Antico has been named the "best pizza" in Atlanta.  That doesn't even begin to do it justice.  In September of last year, at the international pizza awards (Festa del Pizza) in Naples, Antico was named as the best US pizza in the contest.  That's getting close to how good it is.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE this pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment