A couple of years ago I was trying to set up a lunch meeting with someone. When I asked them, they said they really didn't "eat lunch" - for them food was just fuel. I was shocked.

For me, food is an experience. A journey. And a quest. So here are my thoughts. If you eat to live, you may not be interested. If you live to eat, you may find some ideas for places here. I went back to the first of this year, as opposed to diving back multiple years and started there. These are my thoughts on everything except for burgers. They deserve their own page and it is here.


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Super Pan, Atlanta, GA (April 2011)

For several months, I had been hearing about a killer new lunch spot in town, Super Pan.   Only open for lunch during the week, Super Pan is the brainchild of Top Chef contestant Hector Santiago, who owns Pura Vida, the Costa Rican tapas restaurant in whose basement this gem lies.  I finally had the opportunity to be in-town one day around lunch time and swung by for a bite.

I started with a very light salad, chiabatta bread with alfalfa sprouts, grapefruit and a citrus viniagrette.  More grapefruit than anything else, but once you got past that, it was good.


Looking over the menu, I decided on the Medio Dia, literally "the middle of the day", idiomatically "lunch".  Crispy roasted pork, ham, chayote pickles (held for me), swiss, habanero mustard (mmmmmm) on a steamed coconut bun.  
Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment