A couple of years ago I was trying to set up a lunch meeting with someone. When I asked them, they said they really didn't "eat lunch" - for them food was just fuel. I was shocked.

For me, food is an experience. A journey. And a quest. So here are my thoughts. If you eat to live, you may not be interested. If you live to eat, you may find some ideas for places here. I went back to the first of this year, as opposed to diving back multiple years and started there. These are my thoughts on everything except for burgers. They deserve their own page and it is here.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

The (Original) Hard Rock Cafe, Empire, CO (November 2010)

For the Thanksgiving break last year, we realized this might be the last opportunity that the four of us had the chance to get away together from a scheduling standpoint, so we took it.  

We decided that it would be the perfect time to head west and went skiing in Winter Park, CO.  After two days on the slopes (with no broken bones and only minor bruises), as we headed back to the Denver airport, we needed to stop for breakfast.   

On the main road, we found the (Original) Hard Rock Cafe.  They've had the name since 1934, but are not related to the chain of the same name.   When we went in for a mid-morning (nine-ish) breakfast, and the place was fairly empty.  But the kitchen really stepped up with a hearty breakfast:
Country-fried steak, eggs, home fries and a strip of bacon.   This kept me from starving on the trip back to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment